Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Marinated Cucumbers

The first time I made these, a few months ago, John asked if our fridge could always be stocked with them. Our fridge isn't always stocked with marinated cucumbers, but we've definitely had them a lot in the last few months. I hope I don't ever get sick of them. To me, marinated cucumber slices taste so refreshing and make the perfect summer snack. In fact, I'm chowing down on some right now for lunch!
Image source found here

Equal parts water, white vinegar, and sugar.
Although, my measurements usually look something like this:
3 TBS Vinegar
2 TBS Water
1 1/2-2 TBS Sugar
I adjust the measurements accordingly depending on the size of my cucumber.
I've heard dill is good to throw into the marinade as well, but I've yet to do that.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, yum. This sooo brings me back to my days in the first trimester of pregnancy when I was eating this all the time. Except I took mine hard - straight up cucumbers soaked at least 24 hrs in hard white vinegar. Then sprinkle salt on each slice as you eat it. Yum. Makes my mouth water just to think of it.
    I'll have to try it next time according to your recipe with some sugar in the mix instead of a salt sprinkle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The funny thing is, I think I forgot all about these things until we went to Portugal and you wanted them. That's what got us back into eating these delicious 'treats'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually don't like the vinegarish taste of these... and love them just fresh! I feel like the vinegar gives cucumbers a "whimpy" textures. Like it softens them or something. Is that weird?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is the difference between marinated cucumbers and pickles? I'm confused.

    ReplyDelete