I ate this as a BBQ Chicken Sandwich on a hard cheese roll (the kind where the cheese is crusty on top) with light mayo, cheese, tomato, arugula (really healthy and kinda buttery soft - I love arugula), red onion, and pickles. It was so good I will never eat it any other way. Although I am sure it still stands pretty good even without all the toppings.
Oh, and if you use anything but Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce, you are taking a risk.
(For two people, I recommend using half the recipe)
Zesty Slow Cooker Chicken Barbecue
- 6 frozen skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle barbeque sauce (Sweet Baby Ray's is the best!)
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Place chicken in a slow cooker. In a bowl, mix the barbecue sauce, Italian salad dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over the chicken.
- Cover, and cook 3 to 4 hours on High or 6 to 8 hours on Low.