Monday, September 20, 2010

Fish, it's what's for dinner!

This is what we're having for dinner tonight--yes, two different kinds of fish. Why two kinds, you ask? Well, oddly enough, two different single filets of fish were cheaper than buying two filets of the same kind of fish. I was going to do the same Asian marinade for both of them but this morning, when browsing the Internet, I came across this Mahi Mahi recipe and thought it sounded really good!


Ginger Glazed Mahi Mahi
(This got rave reviews on AllRecipes.com)

3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (I did not have this, so I used 2 T cider vinegar)
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root (I used 1/2 t ground ginger)
1 clove garlic, crushed or to taste
2 teaspoons olive oil
4 (6 ounce) mahi mahi fillets
salt and pepper to taste

Combine first six ingredients in a small bowl and pour over mahi mahi fillets in a shallow glass dish (or a giant ziplock bag). Let sit in fridge for at least 20 minutes (mine has been marinating all afternoon). Fry fish in olive oil 4-6 minutes per side, turning only once, until fish flakes easily. Remove fish to serving platter.

Pour reserved marinade into the skillet, and heat over medium heat until the mixture reduces to a glaze consistently. Spoon glaze over fish, and serve immediately.


Asian Grilled Salmon
(This recipe was in a ward cookbook Brian's mom gave me a couple years ago. Every time I see it, it sounds good but I never think to buy salmon at the store until the other day when I finally saw it on sale.)

2 T dijon mustard
3 T soy sauce
2 T Olive Oil
1 T crushed garlic
1 T brown sugar (the recipe doesn't call for this, but I added it and it tasted much better)

Whisk together and pour 3/4 of marinade over salmon filets. Let sit in fridge for a couple hours before grilling. Use reserved marinade for serving with fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment